collapse allexpand all
Environmental Engineering (ENE)
- D class assignments for undergraduates available in KAP212; phone (213) 740-0587.
- D class assignments for on-campus students are available online at myviterbi.usc.edu Prerequisite waivers for on-campus students are available online at myviterbi.usc.edu Directed research requests are available online at myviterbi.usc.edu Instructions for directed research may be found online at: cee.usc.edu/students/d-clearance-and-directed-research.htm To be enrolled in an off-campus course, you MUST also be enrolled in the Distance Education Network (DEN). For more information, call (213) 740-4488 or go to den.usc.edu. DEN courses are indicated by a location of DEN@Viterbi
Analysis of water, air, and land pollution, including hazardous waste, and engineering of mitigation measures. Water and wastewater treatment systems.
|31401R||001||Lecture||2:00-3:20pm||Tue, Thu||0 of 30||KAP140|
Particulate air pollutants, their measurement and instrumentation methods, and their effects on the environment and human health; optical properties and visibility degradation. Prerequisite: ENE 200. (Duplicates credit in former ENE 526)
|31406D||001||Lecture||3:30-6:10pm||Wednesday||0 of 28||KAP166|
Air pollution effects on man, vegetation, materials; pollutant sampling and analysis; air quality standards and criteria; meteorological factors and dispersion modeling. Prerequisite: MATH-245 and PHYS-151 and CHEM-105b or CHEM-115b. Recommended preparation: ENE 200 or CHE 350.
|31405R||001||Lecture||12:30-3:10pm||Wednesday||3 of 20||DRB146|
Chemistry of water purification technology and water pollution control. Chemical processes in natural and engineering aquatic environments; physical/chemical and biological characterization of water and wastewater.
- Prerequisite: CE 453 and 1 from (CHEM 105B or CHEM 115B)
- Crosslist: This course is offered by the CE department but may qualify for major credit in ENE. To register, enroll in CE 463.
- Note: Register for lecture and one lab
|29668R||001||Lecture||6:30-8:40pm||Thursday||1 of 24||KAP137|
|29792R||001||Discussion||2:00-2:50pm||Tuesday||1 of 24||GFS220|
|29669R||001||Lab||3:00-5:00pm||Monday||1 of 15||BHE210|
Design of water supply systems, storm drains, sanitary sewers, and lift stations.
- Prerequisite: CE 453
- Crosslist: This course is offered by the CE department but may qualify for major credit in ENE. To register, enroll in CE 465.
|29618R||001||Lecture||6:30-9:10pm||Tuesday||2 of 37||KAP158|
Federal and state environmental laws; environmental impact assessment techniques; permitting for industrial facility construction and operation. Graduate standing.
- Restriction: Registration closed to the following class level(s): Freshmen, Sophomore, Junior, Senior
|31412R||048||Lecture||9:00-11:50am||Friday||1 of 28|
|31413D||034||Lecture||9:00-11:50am||Friday||0 of 15||DEN@Viterbi|
Basic microbiology of water, air, and soil. Application of microbiology to the practice of environmental pollution control.
- Crosslist: This course is offered by the CE department but may qualify for major credit in ENE. To register, enroll in CE 503.
|29710R||048||Lecture||2:00-3:20pm||Tue, Thu||0 of 20|
Environmental fluid mechanics (air and surface/ground water); flow kinematics; viscous/inviscid flow; boundary layer theory; steady/unsteady groundwater flows; turbulence; Reynolds equations; contaminant transport.
|31456R||048||Lecture||12:30-1:50pm||Tue, Thu||7 of 35||KAP147|
Fundamentals and design of aerobic and anaerobic biological treatment processes with a focus on removing organic and inorganic pollutants and recovering resources. Prerequisite: CE 453.
- Prerequisite: CE 453
- Crosslist: This course is offered by the CE department but may qualify for major credit in ENE. To register, enroll in CE 553.
|29760R||048||Lecture||2:00-3:20pm||Mon, Wed||1 of 30||KAP140|
Quantitative prediction of chemical speciation in aquatic systems, including acid-base chemistry, precipitation/dissolution, complexation, and oxidation/reduction. Applications to water treatment.
- Prerequisite: CE 453
|31416R||048||Lecture||6:30-7:45pm||Mon, Wed||1 of 30||KAP140|
. Research leading to the master's degree. Maximum units which may be applied to the degree to be determined by the department. Graded CR/NC.
|31445D||048||Lecture||TBA||TBA||0 of 35||OFFICE|
Research leading to the doctorate. Maximum units which may be applied to the degree to be determined by the department.
|31448D||048||Lecture||TBA||TBA||0 of 40||OFFICE|
Credit on acceptance of Dissertation.
- Restriction: Registration open to the following class level(s): Doctoral Student
|31449D||048||Lecture||TBA||TBA||0 of 30||OFFICE|