collapse allexpand all
Environmental Engineering (ENE)
- D class assignments for undergraduates available in KAP212; phone (213) 740-0587.
- D class assignments for on-campus students are available online at myviterbi.usc.edu Prerequisite waivers for on-campus students are available online at myviterbi.usc.edu Directed research requests are available online at myviterbi.usc.edu Instructions for directed research may be found online at: cee.usc.edu/students/d-clearance-and-directed-research.htm To be enrolled in an off-campus course, you MUST also be enrolled in the Distance Education Network (DEN). For more information, call (213) 740-4488 or go to den.usc.edu. DEN courses are indicated by a location of DEN@Viterbi
Environmental effects of energy development using fossil and fissile fuels, geothermics, photosynthesis, and other sources. Relationship of elemental cycles to the life supporting systems.
|31414D||048||Lecture||3:30-4:50pm||Tue, Thu||63 of 65||Kelly Sanders||OHE122|
|31415D||034||Lecture||3:30-4:50pm||Tue, Thu||6 of 15||Kelly Sanders||DEN@Viterbi|
Concepts and applications of processes that affect water quality in engineered and natural systems, including coagulation, sedimentation, filtration, adsorption, air stripping, and membrane processes. Prerequisite: CE 453 or CE 463.
- Prerequisite: 1 from (CE 453 or CE 463)
- Crosslist: This course is offered by the CE department but may qualify for major credit in ENE. To register, enroll in CE 523.
|29736R||048||Lecture||2:00-3:20pm||Tue, Thu||31 of 40||Amy Childress||KAP158|
Climate change; climate science fundamentals; Earth's energy balance and atmosphere; greenhouse gas dynamics; fundamentals of airborne particles; climate-aerosol interactions; particle-radiation and particle-cloud interactions. Recommended preparation: ENE 428.
|31420R||048||Lecture||3:30-6:10pm||Wednesday||17 of 36||George Ban-Weiss||WPH207|
Fundamentals and design of aerobic and anaerobic biological treatment processes with a focus on removing organic and inorganic pollutants and recovering resources. Prerequisite: CE 453.
- Prerequisite: CE 453
- Crosslist: This course is offered by the CE department but may qualify for major credit in ENE. To register, enroll in CE 553.
. Research leading to the master's degree. Maximum units which may be applied to the degree to be determined by the department. Graded CR/NC.
|31434D||048||Lecture||TBA||TBA||0 of 30||Amy Childress||OFFICE|
Research leading to the doctorate. Maximum units which may be applied to the degree to be determined by the department.
|31439D||048||Lecture||TBA||TBA||7 of 30||Amy Childress||OFFICE|
Credit on acceptance of Dissertation.
- Restriction: Registration open to the following class level(s): Doctoral Student
|31440D||048||Lecture||TBA||TBA||2 of 15||Amy Childress||OFFICE|