collapse allexpand all
- D class assignments for undergraduates available in THH155; phone (213) 740-3700.
- Students with previous exposure to Italian prior to enrollment at USC must take a placement exam. To arrange for an Italian language placement exam, please call (213) 740-1188 or email us at email@example.com.
For graduate students who wish help in meeting the Italian reading requirement for the Ph.D. degree. Synotptic presentation of Italian grammar. Emphasis on development of reading skills. Graded CR/NC. Not available for degree credit.
|34400D||001||Lecture||6:00-7:40pm||Wednesday||0 of 12||THH107|
Introduction to current Italian. Oral practice, hearing and reading comprehension; grammar necessary for simple spoken and written expression. Lecture, classroom drill, laboratory drill.
- Note: D-Clearance for Italian I available in person THH 309, by phone (213) 740-1188, by email firstname.lastname@example.org. Final exam for this courses
|34403D||001||Lecture||10:00-10:50am||MTuWTh||0 of 19||Antonio Idini||VKC111|
|34404D||001||Lecture||11:00-11:50am||MTuWTh||0 of 19||Antonio Idini||VKC111|
|34405D||001||Lecture||2:00-2:50pm||MTuWTh||0 of 19||James Fortney||THH108|
Continuation of Italian II. Review of structure of the language, drill in aural and reading comprehension, practice in oral expression.
- Prerequisite: ITAL 150
- Note: Prerequisite: ITAL 150 or Placement exam. After the first week of classes, all sections of Italian 220 will be converted from "R" to "D", requiring instructor's approval. For help with add.drp issues, contact the Department of French and Italian in THH 155, or by phone at (213)740-3700. THE FINAL EXAM FOR THIS COURSE WILL BE HELD ON:
|34427R||001||Lecture||11:00-11:50am||MTuWTh||0 of 19||Alessio Filippi||VKC108|
|34429R||001||Lecture||1:00-1:50pm||MTuWTh||0 of 19||Alessio Filippi||VKC108|
Practice in composition and conversation; organized around a set of themes; develops close-reading techniques and discursive skills; reviews Italian grammar.
- Corequisite: ITAL 220
|34435D||001||Lecture||3:00-4:50pm||Tue, Thu||0 of 16||Francesca Italiano||THH108|
Advanced composition through critical reading of literary texts; comprehensive analysis of difficult grammatical structures and stylistics. Prerequisite: ITAL-224.
- Prerequisite: ITAL 224
|34437D||001||Lecture||2:00-3:20pm||Mon, Wed||0 of 12||Antonio Idini||THH207|
Reading and close textual scrutiny of major short stories from Boccaccio's Decameron to the present. Conducted in English. (Duplicates credit in former ITAL 462)
- Note: The course iS taught in Italian.
|34442D||001||Lecture||2:00-3:20pm||Tue, Thu||0 of 12||Margaret Rosenthal||THH115|
Individual research and readings. Not available for graduate credit.
- Restriction: Registration open to the following class level(s): Junior, Senior
|34450D||001||Lecture||TBA||TBA||0 of 1||OFFICE|
Research leading to the master's degree in cognate fields. Maximum units which may be applied to the degree to be determined by the department. Graded CR/NC.
|34455D||001||Lecture||TBA||TBA||0 of 2||OFFICE|