collapse allexpand all
Healthcare Decision Analysis (HCDA)
- D class assignments for graduate students available in VPD210; phone (213) 821-6478.
Analysis and techniques to evaluate marketplace opportunities and value and pricing determinations for medical products; considers product launch and positioning strategies, intelligence gathering, and decision-making. Recommended preparation: HCDA 501 and undergraduate degree in pharmacy, medicine, other healthcare, economics and administrative sciences or related disciplines; enrollment in a related MS or PhD program.
- Note: Class will meet 2 weekends in the semester: September 17 and 18 and October 29 and 30.
|49203D||001||Lecture||8:00-4:50pm||Sat, U||0 of 50|
Basic overview focused on the coverage, payment, reimbursement and access to healthcare and pharmaceuticals across a global landscape including the US, EU, and the big five countries of Asia-Pacific.
- Note: This course will give instructions on class meetings in the course syllabus.
|49204D||001||Lecture||8:00-4:50pm||Sat, U||0 of 50||OFFICE|
Comprehensive review of core biostatistics principles and applications through practical problem solving approach and case studies. Statistical methods, data validation and outcomes research, clinical trials.
- Note: Class will meet 2 weekends in the semester: October 15 and 16 and November 19 and 20. .
|49207D||001||Lecture||8:00-4:50pm||Sat, U||0 of 50|
M&A and partnering in the healthcare industry; law, due diligence, contracts, research alliances, structured agreements, global partners, and tactical business strategies
- Note: Class will meet 2 weekends in the semester: September 23, 24 and October 28, 29
|49216D||001||Lecture||TBA||TBA||0 of 50||OFFICE|
In-depth review China, India, Japan, Korea, Taiwan. Analyzing regional pharmaceutical industry, research, manufacturing, partnerships, licensing, trials. Compare insurance, pricing, access, reimbursement for drugs, healthcare services.
- Note: Class will meet 2 weekends in the semester: September 30, October one and December 2, 3
|49218D||001||Lecture||TBA||TBA||0 of 50||OFFICE|
Weekly seminar and literature series, review and discuss policy, biopharmaceuticals, insurance, global healthcare access issues. Student lead discussions, expert guest speakers, group projects, critical thinking.
|49221D||001||Lecture||TBA||TBA||0 of 15||OFFICE|
Research leading to the master's degree. Maximum units which may be applied to the degree to be determined by the department. Graded CR/NC.
|49223D||001||Lecture||TBA||TBA||0 of 50||OFFICE|