collapse allexpand all
Molecular Microbiology and Immunology (MICB)
- D class assignments for undergraduates available; phone (323) 442-1713.
- D class assignments for graduate students available; phone (323) 442-1713.
- Registration only upon permission of the department concerned. D class assignments are assigned by the academic department.
Overview of microbes, their life cycles and the host responses they elicit, evade or exploit, including the manipulation and the malfunction of the immune system.
- Crosslist: This course is offered by the INTD department but may qualify for major credit in MICB. To register, enroll in INTD 522.
|40652D||046||Lecture||9:00-10:50am||Tue, Thu||12 of 100|
Virus structure and chemistry; virus-cell interactions; aspects of virus genetics; molecular biology; pathogenesis, immunology, and evolution of viral infections.
|40709D||046||Lecture||9:00-10:50am||Wednesday||0 of 75|
Microbiology students will present research seminars describing their thesis progress.
|40712D||046||Lecture||11:00-11:50am||Wednesday||1 of 75||OFFICE|
Macromolecular processes and their regulation in procaryotics; DNA replication, transcription, and post-transcriptional events in general and as related to operons, phage biology, and eucaryotic organelles.
|40743D||046||Lecture||9:00-11:00am||Mon, Wed||0 of 50|
Intensive examination of selected topics in microbiology. Student presentations and critiques. Required of all graduate students.
|40719D||046||Lecture||12:00-12:50pm||Wednesday||4 of 75|
Critical discussion of current research topics. Students present published and unpublished research results for discussion and critique. Prerequisite: Current enrollment in Microbiology Ph.D. program.
- Restriction: Registration closed to the following major(s): Microbiology
- Restriction: Registration closed to the following class level(s): Doctoral Student
|40722D||046||Lecture||TBA||TBA||8 of 25||OFFICE|
|40723D||046||Lecture||TBA||TBA||0 of 25||OFFICE|
|40724D||046||Lecture||TBA||TBA||0 of 25||OFFICE|
|40725D||046||Lecture||TBA||TBA||0 of 25||OFFICE|
|40727D||046||Lecture||TBA||TBA||0 of 25||OFFICE|
|40728D||046||Lecture||TBA||TBA||0 of 25||OFFICE|
|40729D||046||Lecture||TBA||TBA||0 of 25||OFFICE|
|40730D||046||Lecture||TBA||TBA||0 of 25||OFFICE|
|40731D||046||Lecture||TBA||TBA||0 of 25||OFFICE|
Research leading to the Master's Degree. Maximum units which may be applied to the degree to be determined by the department. Graded CR/NC.
|40741D||046||Lecture||TBA||TBA||5 of 75||OFFICE|
Credit on acceptance of thesis. Graded IP/CR/NC.
- Restriction: Registration open to the following class level(s): Master Student
|40744D||046||Lecture||TBA||TBA||1 of 75||OFFICE|
Research leading to the doctorate. Maximum units which may be applied to the degree to be determined by the department. Graded CR/NC.
|40753D||046||Lecture||TBA||TBA||0 of 75||OFFICE|
Credit on acceptance of dissertation. Graded IP/CR/NC.
- Restriction: Registration open to the following class level(s): Doctoral Student
|40756D||046||Lecture||TBA||TBA||0 of 75||OFFICE|