collapse allexpand all
Environmental Engineering (ENE)
- D class assignments for undergraduates available in KAP212; phone (213) 740-0587.
- D class assignments for on-campus students are available online at myviterbi.usc.edu Prerequisite waivers for on-campus students are available online at myviterbi.usc.edu Directed research requests are available online at myviterbi.usc.edu Instructions for directed research may be found online at: cee.usc.edu/students/d-clearance-and-directed-research.htm To be enrolled in an off-campus course, you MUST also be enrolled in the Distance Education Network (DEN). For more information, call (213) 740-4488 or go to den.usc.edu. DEN courses are indicated by a location of DEN@Viterbi
Analysis of water, air, and land pollution, including hazardous waste, and engineering of mitigation measures. Water and wastewater treatment systems.
|31401R||001||Lecture||2:00-3:20pm||Tue, Thu||26 of 30||Amy Childress||ZHS360|
Particulate air pollutants, their measurement and instrumentation methods, and their effects on the environment and human health; optical properties and visibility degradation. Prerequisite: ENE 200. (Duplicates credit in former ENE 526)
|31406R||001||Lecture||3:30-6:10pm||Wednesday||26 of 32||Constantinos Sioutas||DRB146|
Air pollution effects on man, vegetation, materials; pollutant sampling and analysis; air quality standards and criteria; meteorological factors and dispersion modeling. Prerequisite: MATH-245 and PHYS-151 and CHEM-105b or CHEM-115b. Recommended preparation: ENE 200 or CHE 350.
15 of 15
Chemistry of water purification technology and water pollution control. Chemical processes in natural and engineering aquatic environments; physical/chemical and biological characterization of water and wastewater.
- Prerequisite: CE 453 and 1 from (CHEM 105B or CHEM 115B)
- Crosslist: This course is offered by the CE department but may qualify for major credit in ENE. To register, enroll in CE 463.
- Note: Register for lecture and one lab
|29668R||001||Lecture||6:30-8:40pm||Thursday||18 of 24||Massoud Pirbazari||KAP134|
|29792R||001||Discussion||5:00-6:20pm||Tuesday||18 of 24||KAP134|
|29669R||001||Lab||1:30-3:30pm||Monday||7 of 8||PCE308|
|29670R||001||Lab||2:30-4:30pm||Tuesday||4 of 8||PCE308|
|29791R||001||Lab||2:30-4:30pm||Wednesday||7 of 8||PCE308|
Design of water supply systems, storm drains, sanitary sewers, and lift stations.
- Prerequisite: CE 453
- Crosslist: This course is offered by the CE department but may qualify for major credit in ENE. To register, enroll in CE 465.
|29618R||001||Lecture||6:30-9:10pm||Tuesday||20 of 37||Chun-Ching Wang||KAP148||Word (29553 KB)|
Federal and state environmental laws; environmental impact assessment techniques; permitting for industrial facility construction and operation. Graduate standing.
- Restriction: Registration closed to the following class level(s): Freshmen, Sophomore, Junior, Senior
|31412R||048||Lecture||9:00-11:50am||Friday||18 of 28||Geraldine Knatz||OHE120|
|31413D||034||Lecture||9:00-11:50am||Friday||2 of 15||Geraldine Knatz||DEN@Viterbi|
Basic microbiology of water, air, and soil. Application of microbiology to the practice of environmental pollution control.
- Crosslist: This course is offered by the CE department but may qualify for major credit in ENE. To register, enroll in CE 503.
|29789R||048||Lecture||2:00-3:20pm||Mon, Wed||6 of 30||Adam Smith||KAP158|
Surface and ground water quality and resources management; water pollution in aquatic environment; water/wastewater infrastructure systems and management. Departmental approval.
|31418R||048||Lecture||6:30-9:10pm||Tuesday||5 of 15||Massoud Pirbazari||KAP137|
Environmental fluid mechanics (air and surface/ground water); flow kinematics; viscous/inviscid flow; boundary layer theory; steady/unsteady groundwater flows; turbulence; Reynolds equations; contaminant transport.
|31456R||048||Lecture||3:30-6:10pm||Tuesday||28 of 35||Felipe De Barros||WPH205|